Wednesday 24 January 2007

Taking the plunge...

I realise I haven't finished telling my story, but I just had to mention this. I rang my mother tonight and asked her for everything she knew about my father. It was precious little, as it turned out. Traceline like to have a date of birth, but she can't even remember that.

Going on what little information she had, I've filled out Traceline's online form, paid my £75 via PayPal, and await a result. They reckon they can do it in 1-5 working days, though some have found it takes nearer six weeks.

Ulp.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good luck, old chap. I'm glad you found my story on my site (plasticbag.org) useful, although I sort of let the process stall itself a while back when I sent a letter to which my father didn't reply. I think probably the best thing I can say is that any motion is good motion, that it'll take you considerable backbrain time to work out what you want to do at any stage of the process and that if it takes three weeks (or three years) for you to do the next stage in any process, that's fine too. One step at a time.