Thursday 14 December 2006

My Story Pt III

Through most of my time at school, not having a father did not seem to make an enormous amount of difference. I felt loved and looked after by my mother and grandmother, who I still call "my parents".

At the age of sixteen I became a Christian, and became very friendly with a Christian teacher at my school, who encouraged me to trust Jesus Christ and obey him with my whole life. I tried to spend an awful lot of time with him. On reflection, he was another "father figure". I'm impressed at his great patience with me hanging around all the time and having meals with him and the family.

It's when I started going out with my now wife that another father figure came into my life, my now father-in-law. I really enjoyed talking to him about all sorts and everything, and although I can't say we did lots of matey "bonding" stuff (neither of us are like that) I think we have become close.

No comments: